Scholarships for Māori learners
Find out where to look for scholarships for Māori learners.
Scholarships may pay your costs, such as fees or accommodation, or give you a grant of money to support your study. Here’s where to find scholarships for Māori, and suggestions of where to get help.
Find scholarships for Māori online
Search StudySpy's scholarship information
Search StudySpy’s website for New Zealand and international Māori scholarships by location, study level, provider and ethnicity.
Visit websites that list scholarships for Māori
Find general Māori scholarships on websites such as:
- Māori Education Trust website - scholarships
- Te Puni Kōkiri website - information about places offering Māori scholarships
- Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu website - scholarships and grants
- Crimson Education website - scholarship and support for Māori learners applying to top-ranked universities
Find Māori scholarships for specific areas of study, or groups, on websites such as:
- MoneyHub website - scholarships for Māori school leavers and undergraduates
- Kia Ora Hauora website - health scholarships
- Ministry for Primary Industries website - forestry scholarships
- Māori and Pasifika Trades Training website - trade scholarships
Look on education providers' websites
Visit education providers’ websites to find out about their scholarships.
You can use our courses database to find contact details for education providers, and see samples of scholarships that relate to specific courses.
Search Generosity New Zealand's database
You can search Generosity New Zealand's givME database for scholarships. You can access the database at:
- Citizens Advice Bureaux, public libraries and some community centres
- some secondary schools, universities and polytechnics.
Where else to find out about scholarships for Māori
You can also find out about scholarships from:
- your school careers adviser
- Māori student support and liaison officers at the places where you're interested in studying
- iwi and Māori land trusts, and your whānau.
Updated 13 Jun 2019