What to expect from the Work Connect programme
Before the programme
If you're eligible, we'll email you about available times for your first in-person workshop or webinar via Zoom.
The Work Connect programme:
- includes 10 hours of workshops and individual personalised coaching delivered Monday to Friday in office hours
- is available by webinar, and in-person workshops held in Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington and Christchurch.
During the programme
The programme includes:
- seven hours of in-person workshops or webinars about New Zealand’s workplace culture, job searching tips and interview skills
- three one-hour individual coaching sessions with a professional career consultant.
After the programme
When you complete the programme you'll know how to identify and build on your skills. You'll also have job searching and networking strategies for the New Zealand job market.
We'll continue to support you in your career journey after the programme.
What we expect from you
- Make sure you have enough time to participate before you apply, especially if you have commitments such as study, a part-time job or child care.
- Our workshops and individual coaching sessions are run at Work Connect offices in Mt Eden in Auckland, central Hamilton, central Wellington, Burnside in Christchurch or online.
- Email is the main way we communicate, so check your email regularly after you apply.
- If you can’t attend a scheduled workshop or individual coaching session you need to tell us beforehand and arrange another time.
- You are expected to commit to completing the Work Connect programme within four to six weeks.
Updated 21 Jul 2021