Still at school?
Get help to choose the right NCEA subjects for your future study, training or work.
This guide will help you choose which subjects to take in your next school year.
Not sure how NCEA works? Find out what NCEA is and how credits add up to qualifications.
Discover the many ways you can combine tertiary, trade and NCEA studies, and get work experience – whether you're still at secondary school or have already left. Options include STAR, Gateway, trades and service academies, Youth Guarantee Fund programmes and Flexible Partnerships (SAC 3+2).
Find out what vocational pathways is and how it can help you to see the connection between what you are studying at NCEA Level 2 (or equivalent) and what your future study and work options might be.
- Helping your young person with NCEA subject choice
- At school and need career ideas? - find out about your options, including school-based training and work programmes
- What qualifications are available?
- NCEA credits needed for tertiary study or training
- Taking a gap year before study
- What help should schools provide with careers?
Find out more
Updated 19 Jul 2018